This guide describes syncing an order from QuickBooks Online to your selling channel. We will use ShipStation as an example, but other channels are supported. To sync sales, you must add a class that matches the name of your selling channel. Create an order with a valid billing and shipping address. Click save. You can wait 15 minutes to Connex to sync or run the sync now. Login to our software. Click manage. Expand the first area and click save and sync now.
- You must have QuickBooks Online Plus or Advanced to sync from QuickBooks. This feature is not compatible with QuickBooks Online Self-Employed, Simple Start, or Essentials.
How does Connex check for duplicates?
Our tool uses the order date, order number, and order store name to check for duplicates. If you modify your settings to move sales to a different store or you modify the order date, then you will get a duplicate order in ShipStation. The most common reason for duplicates is changing the order date in QuickBooks. Any sale that is modified in QuickBooks is resent to ShipStation.
In QuickBooks Online, here is the date field:
How do I enable class tracking in QuickBooks Online?
Each order will have a class called ShipStation. This tells our software to send the orders to ShipStation. This class prevents orders from ShipStation from going into QuickBooks and back to ShipStation. To enable class tracking, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, click the gear > account and settings.
- Click the advanced tab.
- Click track classes.
- Select on.
- Select one to entire transaction under assign classes.
- Click save.
- IMPORTANT: You must have QuickBooks Online Plus or Advanced to enable Class Tracking.
Add an Order to QuickBooks Online
You must add the name of your ordering solution to the class field. Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- On the left, click sales.
- Click the customer tab.
- Select a customer. We highly recommend adding an address to the QuickBooks customer record, prior to creating orders in QuickBooks. This ensures a more accurate mapping between QuickBooks and ShipStation.
- On the top right, click new transaction.
- Create an invoice.
- Your class must match the name of your selling channel. Since we are syncing sales from QuickBooks to ShipStation, enter ShipStation in the class field:
- If you need to enter a different shipping address, click on the shipping address box.
- On line one, type in the contact's first and last name.
- Press enter.
- Type the address line 1 and press enter.
- Type the address line 2 and press enter.
- Type the city, state, and zip then press enter.
- Enter some products on the order.
In about 15 minutes, the order should sync. To sync the order right now, login to Connex. Expand manually sync. Select ShipStation and click the submit button. Check the log in a few minutes.