Welcome to the Connex Desktop Dashboard
The Connex dashboard provides an at-a-glance overview of the Connex account. The major sections of the Connex user interface offer shortcut buttons and links to manage the Connex account settings faster and easier.
If you'd like to see a demo of the Connex dashboard in action, please click here.
This article contains:
- Information about areas of the Connex Dashboard
- Area 1: Main Dashboard
- Area 2: Left Navigation
- Area 3: What’s New, Help & Account Information
Area 1: Main Dashboard
Selling Channels Window:
Add Connection, Restore Settings, Update Selling Channel URL, Sync All Buttons
This section lists your current connections or channels in your Connex account. New buttons and links have been added to this section to allow users to quickly make changes to their Connex account right from this dashboard section.
- Add Connection: Use this button to add a new connection to your Connex account.
- Restore Settings: Connex can back up a user's sync settings. Use this button to upload a backup text file of your sync settings. Use the backup link to save a copy of your current sync settings. Related Help Article: How Can I Back Up My Sync Settings?
3. Update Selling Channel URL: Use this button to fill out a form to transfer your website to another URL. This is ideal, if you are transferring a site from development to production. Connex will transfer all rules, settings, and sales tax code mappings to the new website
4. Sync All: Use this button to sync all selling channels at the same time. The sync will begin when the Web Connector application runs in QuickBooks.
Selling Channels Window: Sub-Menus
Manage, Refresh Drop Downs, Manual Sync, Update Login
A. Manage: The Manage button will take you to the All Setting Page in the Connex account for the specific connection.
B. Refresh Drop Downs: Used to ask Connex to update your chart of accounts, tax codes, and other lists from QuickBooks.
C. Manual Sync: Use the pop-up window to enter sync dates or specific order numbers to sync to or from QuickBooks
D. Update Log In: Used to update the credentials for the specific connection.
Transaction (Order) Count:
View number of orders already synced, remaining orders and the Connex plan limit.
View the Connex Error Log file for syncing issues.
View the orders that have successfully synced into QuickBooks.
Map Products Window:
If you use the Connex Map Products setting (this means you do not allow Connex to create new products in QuickBooks when orders sync, but instead flag orders before the enter QuickBooks to create product mapping rules in the Connex account) you will see orders that have not synced and need products mapped.
Area 2: Left Navigation
The left navigation links are short-cut links to the most popular Connex account settings: Orders, Products, Rules Engine, Log, Available Integrations, Refer a Friend.
Area 3: What’s New, Help & Account Information
The top right navigation area includes: What’s New in-app messaging, Help Menu, and Account information.