This error can be safely ignored, since it will never stop the sync. The error happens because the QuickBooks Web Connector lacks permissions on writing messages to a log file.
What does this error look like?
Open the web connector. After a moment, you will see this dialog:
How do I resolve the error?
Rename the log file and run the connector by following these steps:
- Find the QuickBooks Web Connector icon on your Taskbar
- Right-click it, and click "Exit"
- Go to your QuickBooks Web Connector directory. Normally, this would be under C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log
- Right-click on the QWCLOG.txt file, click Rename
- Change the name to QWCLOGOLD.txt
- Then, restart the Web Connector program to generate a new QWCLOG.txt file
- Finally, restart your machine, log back into QuickBooks and resync once more.
If the error persists, try these steps:
- Press the Windows icon on the bottom-left corner.
- Type in run.
- Click the run app:
- Type in msconfig.
- Click on the services tab:
- Click on the service header to sort by service name.
- Find the listing for QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Click the checkbox.
- Click apply.
- Click OK.
- Restart your machine.
- Log back into QuickBooks.
- Run the web connector.