When running the QuickBooks Web Connector, the following dialog box appears:
The error happens because the QuickBooks Web Connector lacks permissions on writing messages to a log file.
While this error can be safely ignored because it does not prevent the sync, it can be remedied with the following steps by renaming the Web Connector Log file.
- Find the QuickBooks Web Connector icon on your Taskbar
- Right-click it, and click "Exit"
- Go to your QuickBooks Web Connector directory. Normally, this would be under C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log
- Right-click on the QWCLOG.txt file, click Rename
- Change the name to QWCLOGOLD.txt
- Then, restart the Web Connector program to generate a new QWCLOG.txt file
- Finally, restart your machine, log back into QuickBooks and resync once more.
If the error persists, try these steps:
- Press the Windows icon on the bottom-left corner.
- Type in run.
- Click the run app:
- Type in msconfig.
- Click on the services tab:
- Click on the service header to sort by service name.
- Find the listing for QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Click the checkbox.
- Click apply.
- Click OK.
- Restart your machine.
- Log back into QuickBooks.
- Run the web connector.