In this example, the user has QuickBooks Canada. The tax codes change, based on the product type and shipping address. The e-commerce solution has a tax code called GST, but the QuickBooks tax code is G. We will map GST to G.
What solutions support this mapping?
Right now, only Bigcommerce supports this feature. If you have another solution, please contact us.
Why is this necessary?
Each line item in QuickBooks Canada can have a different tax code. Without rules, Connex maps one tax code per Canadian region. You need the rules to say map different tax codes for the same region.
How do I map the code?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand sales tax.
- Add default mappings for each region. Here is an example.
- On the top right of our solution, click rules engine.
- Click action > add new.
- This rule maps the tax code beauty & cosmetics to the tax code S. You can replace map from and map to values.
- Go back to the configure page.
- On the left, click reports > order previewer.
- Enter an order number to test.
- In the details tab, you will see a tax code received and sent. Tax code sent is the tax code sent to QuickBooks. Here is an example.