Our software can sync orders from QuickBooks into ShipWorks, if you subscribe to our super plan or higher. This guide assumes you want to sync orders from QuickBooks, ship them in ShipWorks, and send back the shipping details.
The following steps are necessary to set-up the sync:
- Set-Up Connex
- Set-Up Custom Store in ShipWorks
- Instruct Connex to send shipped orders to Connex
- Turn on QuickBooks Class Tracking
- Create an order in QuickBooks
- Instruct ShipWorks to Download Orders
- Instruct Connex to Update Orders
1. Set-Up Connex
You must set-up a Connex account and instruct our software to sync orders to ShipWorks:
- Login to Connex.
- At the my connections page, click add new connection.
- Choose ShipWorks.
- Click configure.
- When prompted, pair QuickBooks.
- When prompted, choose sync orders from QuickBooks as the sync direction.
- If you want to sync orders from ShipWorks to QuickBooks and sync shipping details back to QuickBooks, select update tracking only.
- For types to export, choose the types of orders to sync to ShipWorks.
- Finish the wizard.
2. Set-Up Custom Store
Our system uses the ShipWorks generic module feature, which means QuickBooks is a custom store. Our system will pull invoices and sales receipts.
You must set-up a custom store by following these instructions:
- In ShipWorks, go to manage > stores > add.
- Choose generic module.
- For the username and password fields, enter your Connex user name:
- Enter https://www.connexforquickbooks.com/shipworks/getorders as the store URL.
- The system will fill in NA by default for all your store info. Change it with your information.
3. Instruct ShipWorks to send shipped orders to Connex.
Here are the steps:
- In ShipWorks, click manage > actions.
- Click new action.
- Match this action. Replace [CONNEX USER NAME] with your Connex login.
4. Turn on QuickBooks Class Tracking
Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit and click preferences.
- Click Accounting.
- Click company preferences.
- Check use class tracking for transactions.
- Click OK.
5. Create an order
It is possible to sync sales orders, invoices, or sales receipts from QuickBooks. In this example, we will create an invoice:
- In QuickBooks, click the customers on the top menu and click customer center.
- Select a customer on the left.
- On top, click new transaction.
- Select invoice.
- Select a customer.
- Enter a valid billing and shipping address.
- On the top of the order, enter ShipWorks as the class.
- In QuickBooks, go to file and click update web services.
- Check the box to the left of Connex for ShipWorks.
- Click update selected.
- When the web connector is complete, check the Connex log for progress. You should see some activity in a few minutes.
6. Instruct ShipWorks to Download Orders
You must instruct ShipWorks to download orders. Click the download button in ShipWorks. Under the all filter, you will see your order.
7. Instruct Connex to Update Orders
Run your QuickBooks Web Connector to make the update.