How do I configure refunds?
Out of box, Connex is pre-configured to sync refund receipts. To configure settings, click submit at my connections. On the All Setting Page, click the Refund tab. Here are the settings:
|Create Credit Memos in QuickBooks||Instead of refund receipts, Connex creates credit memos.|
|Create Original Order||If Connex has a cancelled order with no match, Connex will sync the original order and create a refund for it. You cannot cancel an order without a matching order.|
|Deposit Account||Each credit memo or refund receipt's amount is removed from an account. By default, this account is the same for orders and it is usually undeposited funds. Choose a different account under the '|
|Use Credit to Give Refund||In QuickBooks, open a credit memo. This button clicks the use credit memo to give refund in the credit memo. Connex will create a check for the customer.|
|Use Credit to Give Refund Bank Account||When Connex creates checks, this is the deposit account. It must be of type bank.|
How Does Connex Handle Refunds?
The system will make a refund receipt or a credit memo for invoices with payment.
- If you cancel or refund an order in your order management system, our product receives the order.
- Connex tries to match the order number to an existing order in QuickBooks.
- If Connex succeeds, then the refund is created. Otherwise, the system skips making the refund. If there is no matching order, there is nothing to cancel.
Customers as of 7/5/2016 have the option to sync the original order, if it is missing. See the settings above this paragraph.
A cancelled order negates an order in QuickBooks. If there is no matching order, there is no order to negate. Here is an example:
- On August 1, Joe Smith make order 123.
- On August 11, Joe Smith's order is fully refunded.
- You run the sync from August 11th to current day.
- Since our software only received a cancelled order and the order 123 never synced, our software skips to the next refund to process.
Number four makes logical sense. If you created a refund for a non-existent order, QuickBooks would say you owe the customer money.
Use Credit to Give Refund
Connex can create a check with the credit memo. Here are some examples:
How do I deposit refunds into a refunds account?
You can map all SKUs from a refunded order to a single item, which has a contra-income account. For instructions, read this guide.