The QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) is a Microsoft Windows application that enables web-based applications, such as Connex for QuickBooks, to exchange data with QuickBooks Desktop products (Pro, Premier, Enterprise/Wholesale & Manufacturing editions). The Web Connector is installed on the same machine as the QuickBooks company file (or at least on the same local network).
Web Connector Install Instructions
- Download the web connector to your desktop. You will need 22.214.171.124 or newer. For a full list of versions, click here.
- Double click the web connector installer and complete the set-up.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBWebConnector
- Right-click QBWebConnector and select pin to taskbar. The Web Connector will appear as a yellow/green icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Web Connector icon.
- If you see no applications, you will need a new pairing file from your Connex for QuickBooks account. Login to your Connex for QuickBooks account.
- From the Connex Dashboard, select the pairing file link for your Selling Channel.
- Save the QWC pairing file to your PC.
- Log into QuickBooks as the Admin user in Single-User mode.
- Double-click the QWC pairing file to start the file install in the Web Connector.
Web Connector FAQs
Q: How do I fix the error, "The underlying connection was closed. An unexpected error occurred on a send?"
You must upgrade to the latest edition of the web connector. Read how do I upgrade it below this paragraph.
Q: I already have the web connector on my PC. How do I upgrade it?
You must delete the web connector from your computer, then reinstall it. Here are the steps:
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks and delete the Web Connector folder.
- Using a Windows search, find all references to 'web connector' on the PC and delete.
Q: I use QuickBooks POS. What version of the web connector must I use?
You must use version 126.96.36.199 if you are a QuickBooks POS user. If you upgrade QuickBooks, the web connector is upgraded. You will get this error: 'Webconnector supports only QuickBooks 2015 or later.' In this case, follow the instructions below to uninstall and reinstall the older web connector version.