In this example, we will map PayPal to the the PayPal deposits account.
How do I set up the rule?
Here are the steps:
- Login to our software.
- Click Rules Engine on the left.
- Click My Rules:
- Under Rules, click Add:
- At Rule Type, click Map Deposit Account from the Path drop-down list:
- At Add Rule Name, type in the Name you would like this Rule to have. We recommend informative titles such as "Map PayPal Payments to PayPal Deposits Account".
- At Perform Action, ensure "Map Order Deposit Account" is selected from the Action drop-down list:
- At Conditions, Click "Edit" and specify the criterion your Orders should meet for the Rule to take effect. In this example, the Field should be Payment Method, the Map From should be PayPal, the Comparison should be Matches (Which means the Rule will run on all Payment Methods that have "PayPal" somewhere in their name), and the Conjunction should be OR. Then, click Update:
- At Map Value, type in the Deposit Account this Rule should map to upon meeting the previous Conditions. When typing, you will see a drop down of Deposit Accounts stored in your Connex account that match your typed text. In this example, the Deposit Account name should be "PayPal Deposits":
NOTE: If you do not see your intended Deposit Account, then you will need to refresh your Chart of Accounts with us.
- At Test Rule, you can test to see whether your Rule is working by typing in an Order Number into the Order Numbers section and clicking "Save and Preview Rule". Otherwise, you can scroll down and click Next:
- At Overview, you can review the final Rule Name, Action, and Map To value. Click Finish to complete the Rule Creation Wizard, and your Rule will take effect from there.