Connex is programmed to create a new inventory item in QuickBooks if the product does not exist or there is a mismatch between the product SKU in your shopping cart/shipping platform when an order syncs to QuickBooks.
You can instruct Connex to NOT create new items in QuickBooks, if there is no matching product.
Is there a video I can watch?
Yes, watch this demo. Skip to Part 4 on the Table of Contents.
How do I set up this feature?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click the 'manage' button next to the Selling Channel you wish to configure settings.
- Expand the Products Menu -> Missing Products
- Choose 'Flag order as error and map':
The product mapping tool is a short hand way to use our rules engine.
How do I use this tool?
You can access the Product Mapping Tool from the Connex Dashboard in the Map Product Window or from the Left Navigation Area:
- Login to Connex.
- Select the Products Menu in the left nav area.
- Select Missing Product Mapping.
- Click the edit button next to the product you wish to map.
- If you use QuickBooks Online, use the auto-complete tool and start to type the product name to match. If you use QuickBooks Desktop, you can upload a list of QuickBooks products using the link on the left. This step is optional and many users just enter the item into the field.
- Enter the QuickBooks item.
- When finished, click Resync orders.
- If you use QuickBooks Desktop, run the web connector.
Steps to upload your QuickBooks item list (For Desktop users only):
Export QuickBooks Item List
Connex has an autocomplete box that will find the item in QuickBooks, when you type part of it's name. Although using this feature is optional, it is recommended.
To set it up the auto-complete feature, here are the steps:
- Select the Product Link in the Left Nav of Connex.
- Select the link to Upload QuickBooks Products.
- In QuickBooks, go to lists and click item list.
- Click excel on the bottom.
- Export all of the items.
- Open the spreadsheet.
- Go to file and click save as.
- Select CSV.
- Upload the sheet to Connex on the Upload QuickBooks Item List page by clicking the 'select files' button
- Go back to the Product Mapping Tool page or tab and select the 'edit button'.
- Enter a QuickBooks item to map and the type of item to match. If you are mapping shipping methods, choose shipping method from the item type drop down. If you are mapping SKUs, choose product
If my products have no SKUs, can I map by title?
If your product SKU field is blank in your web store, then our tool will add the product title as the field to map.