Negative inventory will throw off your profit and loss and other reports. If an order reaches QuickBooks on February 1st, you must make sure you have inventory on February 1st to sell. If the error persists, QuickBooks has a setting to disable selling negative quantities.
How do I troubleshoot negative inventory and avoid it?
When you create item receipts, date them before any orders. If the order is placed on February 23rd, date the item receipts February 22nd. This document describes the process.
My product SKU is mapped incorrectly. How do I map it to the proper product?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- On the right, click rules engine.
- Click action and add new rule.
- Add this rule and replace the phrases in all caps.
Can I instruct Connex to make no new items in QuickBooks?
We recommend instructing Connex to create no new products. For more details on the set-up, read this guide. Connex will alert you that products must be mapped.
How do I enable negative stock in QuickBooks?
Here are the steps to enable selling negative quantities:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences
- On the left, click items and inventory.
- Click company preferences.
- Ensure that don't allow negative quantities is unselected:
Can I just add stock?
You can create a PO in QuickBooks. Then, create a bill and receive inventory in the day before the sale.