Negative inventory will throw off your profit and loss and other reports. If an order reaches QuickBooks on February 1st, you must make sure you have inventory on February 1st to sell. If the error persists, QuickBooks has a setting to disable selling negative quantities.
How do I resolve this issue?
There are three ways to resolve the error:
- The product is missing from QuickBooks. You can map the incoming SKU to another item that has stock in QuickBooks.
- You sell assemblies and you can instruct Connex to build assemblies, if they are out of stock.
- You can allow QuickBooks to sync negative quantities.
Can I instruct Connex to make no new items in QuickBooks?
We recommend instructing Connex to create no new products. For more details on the set-up, read this guide. Connex will alert you that products must be mapped.
How do I build assemblies?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- On the configure page, expand advanced inventory.
- Check build assemblies:
Connex will set the build assembly date to the day before the sale was placed. This ensures QuickBooks can properly calculate the stock.
How do I enable negative stock in QuickBooks?
Here are the steps to enable selling negative quantities:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences
- On the left, click items and inventory.
- Click company preferences.
- Ensure that don't allow negative quantities is unselected:
Can I just add stock?
You can create a PO in QuickBooks. Then, create a bill and receive inventory in the day before the sale.