- Connex is automatically programmed to match the product SKU from your online store to the QuickBooks item name field.
- Additionally, Connex will find products, if they are children of parent products.
- Alternatively, you can instruct Connex to match product by manufacturer part number of a custom field (if your item list is under 5,000)
How do you recommend matching products?
We highly recommend entering SKUs to all of your products in your store (even if they are not inventory items). SKUs never change and they usually contain numbers or letters, which QuickBooks allows to be entered in the name field.
- If a product has no SKU at the time of the order, Connex will insert a SKU called unknown_do_not_delete into QuickBooks. If you need to match SKUs and QuickBooks names manually, read this article.
Here is a product SKU from an online store:
Here is a matching item in QuickBooks:
What if I use parent child items?
QuickBooks has two fields: name and full name. If your product SKU is hammer, Connex will locate the product if it's under a parent, like Tools:Hammer.
If hammer exists under two different parent items, then your SKU must be the parent:child.
(for example, Tools:Hammer, and Hammers:Hammer)
Your SKU must be Tools:Hammer to match correctly.
Can Connex log errors and stop creating products, if orders are missing?
Yes, Connex can log errors and tell you to map products using our "Flag order As Error and Map" feature located under Manage > Product Matching. For more details, read this guide.
Can Connex match the product title to the QuickBooks item name?
Product titles can change and many contain special characters, like trademark and copyright signs. These can cause sync errors because QuickBooks cannot accept them in the name field. Connex will strip many of these characters. Although we recommend against matching a product title to a QuickBooks name, it can be accomplished. Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Select the Settings drop-down menu and click Rules Engine.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Enter these values:
What fields can Connex match to my website SKU?
Connex can match the manufacturer part number, barcode, or a QuickBooks custom field to your online store SKU. Under the Product Matching menu on the All Settings page, choose a field under the product matching field drop-down.
How does Connex match custom fields in QuickBooks to my website SKU?
Connex will pull all products from QuickBooks. For each product, Connex will enumerate through the custom fields on the product. If one of the fields matches your website SKU, then Connex will match the product. There is no need to instruct Connex the custom field that matches.
How does Connex map to parent child items from my website to QuickBooks?
Out of box, Connex matches the QuickBooks item name field to your website SKU. Connex will locate products, if they are beneath parent items. No settings or mappings are required.
In rare circumstances, the same QuickBooks item can exist under different parent products. In this example, hammer exists under the tools and the hammers category:
In this case, Connex would not know which product to choose. Connex would take Tools:Hammer because it was created before Tools:Hammers:Hammer.
To map the SKU hammer to Tools:Hammers:Hammer, add this rule.
I am syncing inventory from QuickBooks. My SKUs are the parent and child item in QuickBooks. Can I map these fields?
In this example, your product SKUs are the QuickBooks full name field. This includes the parent and child item, separated by a colon:
Here are the steps:
- Add this rule to map the full name field in QuickBooks to Connex.
- Next, instruct Connex to map the field syncing from QuickBooks. On our rules engine, click map to.
- As the object, select product.
Do you have a demo of Sku Matching?