If QuickBooks is closed, the web connector tries to open QuickBooks. The error means the web connector cannot login and open QuickBooks. Make sure everyone uses QuickBooks in multi-user mode, if you have multiple users. If you changed your company file name, update the file in Connex.
Another app is syncing
If you have other non-Connex apps that sync with QuickBooks, disable them and try the sync again.
Another user has QuickBooks open in single user mode
Please check with your staff and ensure everyone has QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
QuickBooks is open, but no company file is selected
Click on a company file and open it. You should see no screen asking you to select a file:
Quick startups is selected
If you use QuickBooks 2018 or newer, skip this section. In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > general > my preferences. Uncheck quick start ups:
File closed and syncing from different location
During the Connex set-up, our software notes the location of your company file. If you change the company file name or location, the sync will fail. You can either open the file or adjust your Connex settings to point to the file:
To open the file:
- In QuickBooks, go to File > Open / Restore Company and open your company file.
- Now you can run the web connector
To adjust your Connex settings to point to the file:
This also enables you to run your web connector when the file is closed. QuickBooks must be running
- In QuickBooks, open your company file.
- Press F2.
- Copy the file path from QuickBooks > File Information > Location:
- Login to Connex.
- Click Manage at your connection.
- Expand the Transaction Tab.
- Enter the location into the company file path field.