Connex pulls items by their modified date. Making a change to an item will cause it to sync with your website. You must update a product in QuickBooks, run the connector, view it in your queue, then run the task.
Does my store need any special settings before I begin?
For WooCommerce users, ensure that enable stock management at product level is turned on.
Should QuickBooks be my inventory master?
Yes, our tool syncs updates from QuickBooks to your website. If you enter stock on your website and you update an item in QuickBooks, our tool will overwrite the website amount; if the website says 5 and QuickBooks says -2, the website will say -2. Please ensure that QuickBooks has the correct quantity on hand, before syncing. In this screenshot, we sync the total quantity on hand to your website.
I made inventory updates a few days ago. Can I sync them without changing them again?
Yes, you can change your sync timers:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage at my connections.
- On the configure page, sync inventory from QuickBooks.
- Adjust the after date to yesterday.
What kind of changes can I make?
Here is a list:
- Perform an inventory adjustment.
- Create a sales receipt or invoice, which adjusts the stock level.
- Create a PO and a bill, which increases the stock.
- Open the item in QuickBooks. Make a change to it.
In this guide, we will just make a small change to an item.
SKU and Name Matching
Connex will match the product SKU and the QuickBooks name fields. If there is no match, then you must set-up a mapping. If you have parent child items in QuickBooks and your SKU contains a colon, you must add a rule to send the full name instead of the QuickBooks name. The install wizard will prompt you to map products between QuickBooks and your website. If you already selected full name, there is no need to add the rule.
I am mapping a custom field from QuickBooks to the SKU on my website. How do I set up the mapping?
You must instruct Connex which custom field matches the SKU. This guide will describe the process.
Update QuickBooks Product
Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to lists > item list.
- Double click a product.
- Add the phrase test to the purchase description.
- Click OK.
- Go back to the product and remove test:
- Click OK.
- Run the web connector.
Connex will put the product in the queue:
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks.
- Select a connection at the my connections page.
- On the top menu, click account.
- Select pending inventory.
- You will see the item in the queue:
You can either wait 10 - 15 minutes or go to the Connex configure page and click save and sync. In Connex, hover over the gear and check the log in a few minutes and you will see some activity.