Some states charge layers of Sales Tax, such as state, county and municipal tax on one order. Colorado and California are examples of this.
You must create a group sales tax code in QuickBooks, then map that group tax code in Connex.
How do I get started?
Create Sales Tax Item in QuickBooks
- In QuickBooks, click Lists > Item List > New Item > Sales Tax Item
- Click OK
Create Group Sales Tax Item in QuickBooks
Now, let's create the group tax item. To create a new sales tax group:
- In QuickBooks, click Lists > Item List > New Item > Sales Tax Group
- Fill in Name, description, choose corresponding sales tax items;
- Click OK.
Here is the end result:
Refresh Drop-downs in Connex for QuickBooks
- Log into Connex for QuickBooks
- Choose your existing connection and click Manage.
- Click the Refresh Drop-downs button on the left-hand side;
- Run the Web Connector in QuickBooks by clicking File > Update Web Services, then click Update Selected.
Add the new Tax Code to Connex for QuickBooks
- Login Connex.
- At the My Connections page, select your connection under Manage Connections, then click Manage on the right.
- On the the configure page, scroll down and click Sales Tax to expand the settings.
- Next, click +Add New Code:
- Select the appropriate code from the drop-down and fill the remaining fields:
When finished, click Update - congratulations, the code is now mapped. It will look similar to this:
Next, map any additional required codes via the instructions above.
When complete, click Save Settings and Sync Now on the bottom right.