Connex for QuickBooks allows you to match existing QuickBooks tax codes based on the city, county, or state to QuickBooks. Connex supports QuickBooks Canada and the UK. This allows for easy management and reporting of sales tax payable in QuickBooks.
How do I map U.S. tax codes?
Enable QuickBooks Sales Tax
To get started, sales tax management must enabled in QuickBooks, even if your company charges does not charge sales tax.
- In QuickBooks, click Edit > Preferences;
- next, click Sales Tax > Company Preferences;
- Click Yes to 'Do you charge sales tax?'.
- Add a default tax agency:
- When asked to make items and customers taxable, click OK.
Map Tax Codes in Connex
Now that we have some tax codes, for U.S. customers, let's map existing QuickBooks sales tax codes:
- Login to Connex.
- At the My Connections page, select your connection under Manage Connections, then click Manage on the right.
- On the the configure page, scroll down and click Sales Tax to expand the settings.
- Next, click +Add New Code:
Select the appropriate code from the drop-down and fill the remaining fields:
When finished, click Update - congratulations, the code is now mapped. This is what it will look like:
Next, map any additional required codes via the instructions above.
When complete, click Save Settings and Sync Now on the bottom right.
Can I override the default sales tax code of non or tax?
Yes, you can create rules to compare tax and apply a tax code. You may also use the tax code from QuickBooks. For more details, read this article.
Does Connex support sales tax groups?
Yes. To see how to set this up, please click here: Group Sales Tax Item in QuickBooks.
Third-party Sales Tax Management Services
If you're using a third-party service like Avalara, you do not need to map sales tax codes. For third-party sales tax management solutions, enable tax mapping as a line item.