Can I pair Connex with QuickBooks desktop on remote server?
Connex supports QuickBooks on a local or remote install. Several companies, including RightNetworks, Ace Cloud Hosting, and HarborCloud, offer QuickBooks hosted services. You should open a web browser on the server and navigate to Connex for QuickBooks to perform the set-up.
Does Connex work with multi-user mode?
Yes, our tool supports multi-user mode.
Do you support hosted QuickBooks?
Yes, we support QuickBooks on local and remote machines. Connex requires no desktop app to install. The software gives users a small text file, which they use to pair QuickBooks and our app. QuickBooks has a tool called the web connector, which moves data between our site and QuickBooks .
In some cases, such as Citrix Receiver, you cannot login to the machine directly. Contact technical support at your QuickBooks hosting provider. They can pair QuickBooks and our software, so you can proceed with the set-up.
Can the web connector run automatically?
The web connector can run automatically, however, these scenarios will prevent the automatic sync:
- Many remote desktops log the user off, after several minutes of inactivity. With RightNetworks, the log off is two hours. Once the user has been logged off, the web connector will fail to sync. Once the user logs in again, the connector will resume syncing. The user must move the mouse or make some activity. If your user only logs in once a day and you need to sync hourly, you should pair QuickBooks on a local machine.
- Never click the X button on the web connector. Instead, click hide.
- Disable QuickBooks live bank feeds because QuickBooks will prompt the user, before syncing.
- You cannot login as Admin to QuickBooks on your local machine and ask the web connector to login as Admin, during the pairing process. The web connector would need its own user name with admin privileges. To test this feature, log into QuickBooks as admin.
If the same user fails to login, you can try pairing multiple machines. For more info, read this guide.
Can I point to a remote server?
You can install QuickBooks on a local machine and point the company file to the remote server. In your PC, create a networks share and point it to our remote server.
Can I run the web connector manually?
For some users, automatic syncing is unfeasible. You must run the sync manually:
- In QuickBooks, go to file and click update web services.
- Check the box to the left of Connex.
- Click update selected.