Table of Contents
- How do I insert the orders into QuickBooks?
- How does the UI appear in Connex?
- How does a deposit appear?
- What if I am missing sales in QuickBooks?
Connex can locate orders matching a deposit and add the total fees as a line item on the deposit. If you have not already, login to Connex and click manage. Expand refunds. Check create check. Connex will add the checks as a refund and associate them with the deposit.
How do I insert the orders into QuickBooks?
Once complete, you must sync all orders associated with the deposit:
- Login to Connex.
- Select your connection.
- Click manage.
- Expand the first area.
- Change the sync dates.
- Click save.
- If you use Connex for QuickBooks Desktop, run your web connector.
Once you upload the orders into QuickBooks, upload the payout:
- Log into Shopify.
- On the right, click view payouts.
- Download the payout that you wish to match.
- Click export and save it as a plain CSV file.
- Go back to Connex.
- When in your settings, on left, click match deposits
- Upload the spreadsheet to Connex by clicking select payout.
- Find your saved CSV file.
How does the UI appear in Connex?
Once you upload the sheet, follow these steps:
- Add the date of the deposit into your bank account.
- To add merchant fees in bulk, enter the account to use. If you leave this field blank, then no fees are added. This is ideal if your orders already have fees added by Connex.
- Enter the bank account to make the deposit.
- Click submit Form
How does a deposit appear?
Here is a screenshot.
What if I am missing sales in QuickBooks?
Connex will log errors about missing sales, if the deposit matching tool fails to find orders. The access the log, click log on the top right of your screen. Here is an example error:
Connex cannot find a sales receipt or payment with the memo 1075. System will skip adding this order the deposit.
If too many sales are missing, the merchant fees exceed the total sales. The deposit becomes negative and you will see this error:
There was an error when saving a Deposit. QuickBooks error message: The deposit subtotal cannot be negative. Please enter a smaller deposit line amount.
To solve this error, resync orders to QuickBooks. Check the log for sync failures. Upload the payout.