Connex can sync orders from QuickBooks Online into Shopify. You must set-up a scheduled task with Connex, turn on QuickBooks class tracking, create some new invoices or sales receipts in QuickBooks, and ensure these transactions are formatted properly.
- You must have QuickBooks Online Plus or Advanced to sync from QuickBooks. This feature is not compatible with QuickBooks Online Self-Employed, Simple Start, or Essentials.
- Use of this feature requires the Connex Growth plan or higher.
Enable Class Tracking
Each order will have a class called Shopify. This tells our software to send the orders to Shopify. This class prevents orders from Shopify from going into QuickBooks and back to Shopify. To enable class tracking, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, click the gear > account and settings.
- Click the advanced tab.
- Click track classes > on:
- Select one to entire transaction under assign classes.
- Click save.
- IMPORTANT: You must have QuickBooks Online Plus or Advanced to enable Class Tracking.
Enable Sync from QuickBooks
You must tell Connex to pull orders from QuickBooks Online:
- At the configure page, expand the sync direction section.
- Enter sync orders from QuickBooks.
- Expand sync manually from QuickBooks.
- Change the dates to today and tomorrow, so our tool moves from now forwards.
- Click sync now to save the setting.
Add an Order to QuickBooks Online
You must add the name of your ordering solution to the class field. In this example, Shopify is used. If you are an Shopify customer, then add Shopify . Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- On the left, click customers.
- Select a customer or add a new one.
- On the top right, click new > invoice or new > sales receipt.
- Enter Shopify in the class field:
- In the shipping address box, type in the contact's first and last name.
- Press enter.
- Type the address line 1 and press enter.
- Type the address line 2 and press enter.
- Type the city, state, and zip then press enter.
Can I update an order in QuickBooks and sync it to Shopify
You must enable the update orders button:
- Login to Connex.
- Click configure.
- Expand sync orders from QuickBooks.
- Select update orders.
- Syncing a sale from QuickBooks to Shopify and updating the sale will count as two orders towards your yearly limit.
How do you prevent orders syncing from QuickBooks to Shopify back to QuickBooks?
Connex places the QuickBooks order number into a Shopify field called reference number. Our tool enters the phrase QuickBooks Order Number' followed by the QuickBooks order number. If Shopify sends an order with this field, then our tool will exclude it.
How do you match customers in Shopify and QuickBooks?
In QuickBooks, open the customer record for the sale. Ensure the email field in QuickBooks and the customer record in Shopify have matching emails.
How does the order appear in Shopify?
Here are some examples: