Although QuickBooks allows you to map custom fields, you cannot map them by name. Instead, you must map the field name in the order it appears in QuickBooks.
*Note: QuickBooks Online allows users to create up to 10 custom fields. Connex can only map to the first three custom fields at this time. This is a limitation of QuickBooks.
Connex has an order previewer that shows a list of custom fields to map.
Add Custom Fields QuickBooks Online
Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the gear box on top.
- Click account and settings.
- Click sales.
- Under sales form content, enable custom fields.
Here is a screenshot of the QuickBooks Online custom fields:
View a list of custom fields to map
Connex's order previewer tool will show a list of sales. If you use WooCommerce, you must check sync custom fields under the transaction tab of the Connex configure page.
To use the tool, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- At the my connections page, select your connection.
- Click configure.
- On the left of the configure page, click order previewer.
- Fill out the search form to view your sale. If you use Shopify or WooCommerce and the order number fails to return the proper sale, use the date range search.
- Expand the sale.
You will see two tabs. The first tab shows a list of custom fields that can be mapped. Without mapping, these fields remain unused. The second tab shows a list of custom fields that will sync to QuickBooks. Here is an example of a custom field:
Your rules must specify the QuickBooks field name, which in this case is PO, and the field name from your website:
In this example, sales rep is the second custom field and sales origin is the third:
How do I map fields from QuickBooks to ShipStation custom fields?
Out of box, the QuickBooks sales rep and terms field are mapped to custom field three.
In this example, we will map the QuickBooks custom PO field to custom field one:
How do I map Infusionsoft by Keap custom fields to QuickBooks?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Infusionsoft.
- On the top nav, click the arrow icon down.
- Under admin on the right, click settings.
- On the right, select order under set up custom fields for.
- Click go.
- Create a field and click view API names. In this example, the field is PurchaseOrder.
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- Click action and add new.
- Add this rule.
The last two fields must have an underscore. When our software looks up custom fields, they have an underscore followed by the database name. When you map the fields,Connex will find _PurchaseOrder from a list of fields and map it to the desired field.
Can I map a conditional to a custom field?
At this time, you can map any field to a QuickBooks custom field regardless of its value. If you need to compare a field's value, we suggest using the QuickBooks class or location fields. There are no reports based on QuickBooks custom fields. QuickBooks offers reports on location and class mapping. Here are sample rules:
To access the reports, log into QuickBooks. Click reports on the left. In the search bar, enter class or location. You will see orders grouped by class or location.
How do I say if a custom field contains a phrase, then map to another value
Please view the following example of mapping to another value, in this case credit card term mapping.