Connex can sync orders from QuickBooks Online into Channel Advisor. You must set-up a scheduled task with Connex, turn on QuickBooks class tracking, create some new invoices or sales receipts in QuickBooks, and ensure these transactions are formatted properly.
To see a live demo of the integration, go to our demos page.
Enable Class Tracking
Each order will have a class called Channel Advisor. This tells our software to send the orders to Channel Advisor. This class prevents orders from Channel Advisor from going into QuickBooks and back to Channel Advisor. To enable class tracking, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, click the gear > company settings.
- Click track classes > on:
- Click save.
Enable Sync from QuickBooks
You must tell Connex to pull orders from QuickBooks Online:
- At the configure page, scroll down to task settings
- Check the box to sync from QuickBooks:
- Click save and sync.
Add an Order to QuickBooks Online
You must add the name of your ordering solution to the class field. Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- On the left, click customers.
- Select a customer or add a new one.
- On the top right, click new > invoice or new > sales receipt.
- Enter Channel Advisor in the class field.
- In the shipping address box, type in the contact's first and last name.
- Press enter.
- Type the address line 1 and press enter.
- Type the address line 2 and press enter.
- Type the city, state, and zip then press enter:
In about 30 - 60 minutes, the order should sync. Check your transaction log by hovering over the gear > transaction log. If you want to export the order faster, go back to the configure page of Connex. Click save and sync.