Connex allows you to use QuickBooks as a product catalog. You can make pricing and inventory updates in Amazon from your QuickBooks item list. You must set up Connex, map the ASIN, update items in QuickBooks, and verify that the updates were successful.
What happens if I sell on FBA?
Connex will log that the item is FBA and skip changing stock. If the report fails to pull and your FBA products become MFN, you can exclude certain products from the sync:
1. Go to Connex rules engine.
2. Create a row for each product in the attached sheet. Just replace the SKU.
3. Click action > upload in Connex and upload the sheet.
How do you map handling time from QuickBooks to Amazon?
There is no report to pull the handling time from QuickBooks. As a workaround, you can hard code a default handling time for all products. If our tool sends no handling time, then our system will remove the handling time from all products. Here are the steps to add the handling:
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- Add this rule. You may replace five with any period.
What happens if I sell on FBA?
Connex will log that the item is FBA and skip changing stock.
You must accomplish these tasks:
- Turn on the inventory sync from QuickBooks to Connex, so Connex can sync inventory to Amazon.
- Watch your pending inventory and transaction logs.
- Login to Amazon and confirm the updates.
Set Up Connex
Here are the steps:
- On the my connections page, add your Amazon connection.
- On the configure page, scroll down to task settings.
- Select sync inventory and orders.
- Click save and sync.
If your Amazon SKU and QuickBooks item name match, skip to the next section. Otherwise, follow these steps:
Update Multiple Listings
Connex can update multiple listings from Amazon if the products are the same and the SKUs are different. Here is an example:
Connex has multiple listings on the Intuit App Center:
If you want to update multiple listings, follow these steps:
- Complete this spreadsheet. Add a row for each listing.
- Login to Connex.
- Go to the bulk upload page.
- Upload the sheet.
Connex will update the SKUs with the same quantity as the parent SKU.
You must update items in QuickBooks, so they sync with Amazon. The Amazon product SKU must match the QuickBooks item name. For a future release, Connex will allow a single product in QuickBooks to update multiple listings. Right now, it's one product in QuickBooks updates one product in Amazon.
QuickBooks Item Name:
You must receive the items in QuickBooks by performing an inventory adjustment or by creating a PO and a bill. Here are the steps:
You can easily adjust inventory in QuickBooks Online:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the gear > products and services.
- Double click an item
- Click the inventory adjustment button
- Change the quantity
- Click save
This screenshot will show you how to make an inventory adjustment.
To increment inventory with a PO, you must copy the PO to a bill. Here are the steps:
- Click suppliers on the left
- Choose the supplier
- Choose the PO
- On the right, click copy to bill.
If you do not copy the PO to a bill, then inventory is never received and the quantity on hand stays the same. Here is a screenshot of copying a PO to a bill.
To confirm the inventory updates, follow these steps:
Connex logs inventory updates. Login and hover over the gear. Click transaction log.
Amazon produces a report of the sync. To read it, follow these steps:
- Login to Amazon Seller Central.
- On the top menu, go to inventory > add products via upload.
- Verify that none of the updates show errors: