You can use the next available number in QuickBooks or the order number, from your order management solution, as the QuickBooks order number. Our software will automatically add your store order number to the QuickBooks memo field. The QuickBooks number is ideal if you manually enter orders into QuickBooks.
How does Connex for QuickBooks Online find duplicates?
Connex inserts the order number into the QuickBooks memo field. Our tool will sort new orders by their creation date ascending. If the first order was April 10th and the last order was April 14th, Connex would make this query:
"Select all QuickBooks orders where the order date is between April 9th and April 15th."
Connex would match your order number and the QuickBooks memo field. Connex makes the date range a day before and a day after to accommodate for time zones.
Next Available Number
The next number changes depending on the number of the last order. Here is an example:
- Invoice 15330 under Wendy Lopez has successfully synced with QuickBooks. 4/5/2015 4:28:17 PM.
- Someone enters 100005059 into QuickBooks. The next available number is now 100005060.
- Invoice 100005060 under Jan Murphy has successfully synced with QuickBooks. 4/6/2015 1:48:00 PM.
If you add an order and the number is 15330, then the next number will be 15331.
Why is Connex is inserting orders without numbers?
You likely created an order in QuickBooks without a number. Create a new order in QuickBooks. Give it a number. Next time, QuickBooks will add one to the numbers.
To ensure you create no orders without numbers, we recommend turning off custom numbering:
- In QuickBooks, click the gear box.
- Click account and settings on the top left.
- Under sales, turn off custom transaction numbers.
How do I enable QuickBooks numbering?
Here are the steps:
You must tell QuickBooks where to start the numbering. Otherwise, you will see blank numbers in QuickBooks:
- Click on the Gear > Account and Company Settings > Sales.
- Under sales form content, uncheck custom transaction numbers.
- Add an invoice.
- Check use custom transaction numbers.
Connex for QuickBooks Online
You must configure Connex to use the next number:
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks Online.
- Click manage.
- Expand the transaction area.
- Check the box for use QuickBooks numbering.
Why are my QuickBooks order numbers blank? How do I control where QuickBooks starts its numbering?
When our tool syncs sales, using the next number, our tool sends no number. QuickBooks will add one to the last number. If your latest order has no number, QuickBooks will show blank order numbers. You must add an order and QuickBooks will add one to the next number:
- In QuickBooks, click on the gear.
- On the left, select company settings.
- On the left of the next screen, click sales.
- Under sales form content, check custom transaction numbers.
- In QuickBooks, go to customers and add a new invoice.
- Make the invoice number 1000.
- Go back to the sales form entry page.
- Uncheck custom transaction numbers.
- QuickBooks will start at 1001.