Volusion User Account
You must generate a special password for Connex for QuickBooks to sync with your Volusion site.
For security reasons, Volusion requires that all admins update their password every 90 days. By updating the user name's password, you must update the special password you made on Connex for QuickBooks.
To avoid updating this information every 90 days, follow these steps:
- Create a dedicated user for Connex for QuickBooks in Volusion.
- Generate a new API URL by following the configuration steps under set-up (see below).
- Update your Volusion store in your Connex for QuickBooks account with update API URL by reconfiguring.
Because you will never directly log into the Connex for QuicKBooks user in Volusion, you won't be prompted to update the password again.
You must enter your user name, encrypted password, and website URL on the my connections page of your Connex for QuickBooks account.
To obtain your Volusion encrypted password, follow these steps:
- Log into your Volusion admin.
- Create a dedicated user called connex.
- Log out of Volusion and login again as the connex.
- On the top menu, go to Inventory > Import/Export > Volusion API.
- Next to generic orders, click run:
- Click the orange run button.
- To the right, you'll see an encrypted password in the URL. In this case it's YYYY.
Here is an example URL:
http://www.xx.net/net/[email protected]&EncryptedPassword=Encrypted Password&EDI_Name=Generic\Orders
At the my connections page, here is the final result:
Can I sync missing orders by date?
Due to a limitation with Volusion, our software cannot sync orders by date. Our software can only pull fifty Volusion orders at once using the highest and lowest order number fields. By default, our software starts with zero as the lowest and fifty as the highest.
If you want to start at another range, you must enter the lowest order number followed by the highest order number to sync. After the sync is complete, our software will save the highest number and enter it in the lowest field plus one. The highest will be that number plus fifty. Once you enter the numbers, click save and sync:
To change your settings, follow these steps:
- Log into your Connex account.
- Choose an existing connection and click the manage button.
- Under the first section, change the lowest and highest numbers.
- Click sync now.