QuickBooks Online only allows selling items, if the order came after the product's inventory start date. If you sell an item before the date, QuickBooks will fail to create the item.
How does Connex assign the inventory start date?
By default, Connex assigns new products with a start date of January 1st of this year. If the order date is greater than the inventory start date, Connex will assign an inventory start date six months prior to the order date.
If Connex assigns this date, then why do I receive this error?
Likely, you entered the products by hand into QuickBooks. You set the start date to the day of entry:
How do I change the inventory start date of existing items?
Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the gear box and click products and services.
- To the right of the product, click the down arrow.
- Click run report:
- Click the first entry:
- Change the as of date to May 1st.
- Click save.
Next, resync the sale:
- Go to the my connections page.
- Expand manually sync an existing connection.
- Enter the order number.
- Click submit.