Our software can be installed through API accounts area in Bigcommerce.
Here are the steps:
- Login to your Bigcommerce store.
- In the left, click advanced settings.
- Click API accounts.
- Click create API account.
- Select create V2/V3 API token.
- In the name field, enter Connex.
- You will see options that say none, read-only, or modify. Give read only access to all areas and modify access to order and product. If asked to choose between none and modify, select none:
- For orders and products, give modify access.
- Click save.
- In Connex, click add a new connection.
- In Connex, match the fields into the form. Client secret is unused. In the connection website URL field, enter the URL of your Bigcommerce website.
How do I map a value to the QuickBooks PO number field?
PO number is a custom QuickBooks field, so you need to add a rule to map a custom field. Bigcommerce has a order notes field, which you can map. Here are the steps:
- In Connex, hover over the gear and click rules engine.
- Click add new.
- Add this rule.
- Now, add a rule to map the PO to a custom field.
Can I map the order options as separate line items?
You must add a rule to map the options.
How do I change my website name?
When you pair our software, our software must create a unique name for your website. Bigcommerce sends your website ID only. To change your website name, follow these steps:
- Login to our software.
- Expand transfer website.
- Choose the site to transfer.
- Enter the new name.
- Click submit.
If you use Connex for QuickBooks,, click manage under existing connections. On the left, download a new pairing file. Remove the old one from your web connector. Double click the new file and pair.
Do you support bundled items?
Our software can sync bundles in two ways:
- You can sync just the parent item to QuickBooks. If you use QuickBooks bundled items, this is the recommended and default setting. Here is an example.
- You can sync the sub items only to QuickBooks. The price of the first item is the price of the bundle. All other item prices say $0. All items will appear as inventory items. This setting is ideal, if QuickBooks has no bundled item. You can add merchant fees because the total is greater than zero. Here is an example.
To enable syncing individual items, follow these steps:
- Login to our software.
- Click manage.
- Expand advanced transaction.
- Select 'Sync bundle sub items to QuickBooks. Leave unchecked if you use grouped items in QuickBooks.'
I use QuickBooks Canada. My order items tax codes change by shipping address and product type. Can you map the tax codes from Bigcommerce, instead of tax codes by shipping address region?
Connex can map the Bigcommerce tax classes to QuickBooks. For more info, read this guide.