You must set-up ShipWorks to send copies of the order to our software for QuickBooks. Our software will hold these orders in our database and send them to QuickBooks.
- Plan Availability: ShipWorks is available via the Super subscription plan.
To see an online demo, watch this video.
How It Works
- ShipWorks sends our products for QuickBooks a text file for each order. ShipWorks sends data if the order is shipped or selected manually to send.
- These orders are stored in our database for fifteen to sixty minutes.
- Our system processes these orders and clears the database, after its done.
Sync Orders from ShipWorks to QuickBooks
You must set-up an account with Connex, then add a custom action to ShipWorks:
- Create an account on Cloud Connector QuickBooks.
- On the my connections page, choose ShipWorks.
- Click submit.
- Pair QuickBooks.
- On the configure page, complete the settings and click save and sync.
Once these steps are complete, it's time to set-up ShipWorks.
You must tell ShipWorks to send Connex order data:
- Go to Manage > Action.
- Click new action.
- Under add task, select send web request.
- If you use Connex for QuickBooks Online, the URL is connexonlinesync. Otherwise, enter connexforquickbooks as the [ENTER BRAND].
- Under request URL, enter this value: https://www.[ENTER BRAND].com/shipworks/index?id=ENTER_EMAIL HERE and replace ENTER_EMAIL_HERE with the email of your QuickBooks account. If you used Connex for QuickBooks Online, your URL is https://firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your screen look like this image:
Once this action is set-up, it's time to send Connex some orders:
- Press and hold shift plus left click to select orders in ShipWorks.
- Click the QuickBooks button that you previously set-up
- Login to Connex.
- Under manually sync an existing connection, choose ShipWorks. If you have two ShipWorks connections, choose the URL of your connection.
- Click sync now.
Connex will process your orders shortly.
Send Shipped Orders
Some users wish to send orders, when the shipment is complete. Connex will receive return labels and process them as refunds. Create a new action:
How do I send orders from a filter?
Instead of sending all shipped orders, you can send orders from a filter. ShipWorks allows you to create filters where you can specify which orders reach it. Enter the custom shipped action under send shipped orders. In this example, we will export shipped Bigcommerce orders only.
Can I sync two ShipWorks accounts to QuickBooks?
There are two ways:
- Create two separate user names on Connex (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)
- When you set-up the custom action, append &website=[WEBSITE] at the end.
Here is their custom action URL:
Replace email@example.com with the Connex user name.
Can you map multiple packages to QuickBooks?
Our software will map multiple packages as a line item. The tracking numbers will appear in the order item description field and separated by a line break. Here is an example.
If the integration with ShipWorks appears to have stopped working, it is possible that over 1,500 orders are queued to sync from ShipWorks into our system. As a safeguard, our software stops syncing.
To remedy, first, log into ShipWorks. Go to Action. Ensure you set-up the "shipped action" only:
You want to make sure you are sending shipped orders only. The shipped action should appear like the one from the diagram.
Second, if you select a large sample size of orders and clicked send to QuickBooks manually, we highly recommend choosing a smaller sample size.
In your send to QuickBooks manually, make sure it says "order selected." Don't say "all items in a filter."