Connex for QuickBooks Online will add discounts as a negative line item called "orderdiscount." If you want to use the QuickBooks Online discount field, you will need to enable the settings below in QuickBooks.
Set Up QuickBooks Online
You must tell QuickBooks Online that you're using the discount field. Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online
- Click the gear > company settings
- Go to sales and turn on discount:
- Go to advanced and select an account for discounts:
- Here is the end result:
Connex for QuickBooks Online
You must tell Connex Online to use the QuickBooks Online discount field:
- Login to connexonlinesync.com
- Click Manage on your connection.
- Expand Orders > Sync Orders to QuickBooks
- Expand Advanced Transaction tab and check use "QuickBooks discount field"
- Click "Save Settings" at the top.