Where is the plugin configured?
You just need to install the plugin. The plugin is configured on Connex's website. The plugin just installs a web service and the DLLs for it to build.
What versions are compatible?
The integration works with nopCommerce 3 and higher. Version 4 and higher is compatible. If you need a build that is missing from the package, please contact us.
What can you sync?
Connex can sync sales from nopCommerce and stock updates from QuickBooks to nopCommerce. Connex will create customers and products, if they are missing, during the order sync.
Can I download the plugin source code?
Our source code is available on Github.
Install Plugin Files
Connex needs a nopCommerce plugin installed on the server hosting the website. A representative from JMA shall send you a .zip file. Here are the steps for installing the plugin:
- Login to the admin of your nopCommerce website.
- On the top right, note your build number (3.8, 4.1, etc.)
- Download the nopCommerce Connex plugin
- If you require the source code or want our latest release, check GitHub.
- Open the zip file.
- If you see a folder called nopQBConnex, double click it.
- Match the build number from step 1 with the build number folder and double click the folder.
- Merge the plugins folder with the plugins folder of your website. To see a screenshot, click here.
- Merge the contents of the folder with your website.
- If you use version 3, merge the QBOWebService.asmx, located in the folder with nopCommerce version numbers, of the zip file with the root of the site. If you use version 4, skip this step.
- Login to nopCommerce.
- Go to Configuration > Plugins.
- Click reload plugins on the right. This will cause the website to restart and it will take a moment.
- Go to Accounting.QuickBooks > Install.
There is no configure page inside of nopCommerce for this plugin. All settings are configured on Connex.
Next, go to Connex and pair nopCommerce and QuickBooks:
- Login to Connex with your Intuit account
- On the my connections page, choose nopCommerce
- Enter your admin username, password, and your website URL.
If you are upgrading your existing plugin, follow the steps above to step 8. Login to your website and click restart application.
Can I filter orders by nopCommerce store?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex .
- Click configure.
- Expand sync orders to QuickBooks manually.
- In the store list field, enter a comma separated list of stores.
You should have one connection for all of nopCommerce. Our connector will save the same sync dates for all stores.
How do I map custom fields from nopCommerce?
Here is an example order with a custom field called payment_fee:
You can use the Connex rules engine to map custom fields to any field in QuickBooks.
If you are a software developer, there is a area called CustomValuesXml and it is located on the order object. See the MapCustomValues in the plugin.
Please place your custom fields in there. Here is how the fields should look:
To map custom fields, read this guide.