The integration installs no files on your website. It pulls data from a page on Infusionsoft by Keap's website, based on your user information. Here are the steps to integrate:
- Login to Connex.
- On the my connections page, choose Infusionsoft.
- Click submit.
- In the modal dialog, click continue.
- Login to Keap.
- Allow access to our app.
You will be redirected to our site to complete your settings.
I sync daily or I need to use the legacy API. How do I add my API key?
If you see 'please obtain an API key from Infusionsoft and replace the one we have on file', in your error log, here are the steps:
- Obtain an API key from Infusionsoft by Keap.
- On the Connex my connections page, click update login.
- In the company name field, enter the name of your Keap account. If your account was iq146.infusionsoft.com, then enter iq146:
- Enter the key into the API key field.
- Clear the refresh token field.
- Click submit.
Invoices and Payments
Our system can pull Infusionsoft payments independent of invoices. An invoice can enter QuickBooks, followed by a payment a few days later. Infusionsoft by Keap adds manual payments with a time of 12:00 AM. Our system will add twenty hours to this time, so our system can retrieve it. If you create an order and a manual payment within a few minutes, the payment should sync with the order. Otherwise, please allow up to one day to receive payments in QuickBooks.
To set-up invoices and payments, go to the settings page of Connex for QuickBooks Online or Connex for QuickBooks Desktop. Select invoices and payments if paid from the transaction drop down.
Why are failed payments syncing?
Connex for QuickBooks Online and Connex for QuickBooks Desktop will sync any Infusionsoft order to QuickBooks. Failed payments generate an Infusionsoft invoice, but no payment. There are two things you can do:
- Switch to invoices, payments if paid. It's the first drop down on the configure page.
- On the Connex for QuickBooks Online and Connex for QuickBooks Desktop All Settings Page, expand the Sync Manually to QuickBooks menu. In the order status field, enter paid. Only paid orders will enter QuickBooks. You can still sync sales receipts.
The payment reference number uses the transaction ID, which is a unique ID assigned by your bank. By assigning a unique ID to QuickBooks payments, you can assign multiple payments to the same order:
- Invoice 123 in Infusionsoft for $100
- Payment 1 for $25
- Payment 2 for $75
Our software looks for duplicate payment by the reference number. If you assign the invoice id as the reference number, two things will happen:
- You cannot assign multiple payments for the same invoice.
- It's possible another payment uses that reference number.
If you pull a transaction detail summary from your merchant account, you can match the payment reference numbers.
Why do my QuickBooks item names say unknown_do_not_delete?
We match the Infusionsoft by Keap SKU and QuickBooks item name. If there is no SKU or the order item has no item name, you will get unknown do not delete.
There are two ways to resolve this issue:
- Open an order in Infusionsoft by Keap. Click the order item. Ensure that the item name has been completed. If not, Infusionsoft will match to no product and there will be no SKU. Here is an example.
- In Infusionsoft, go to the products area. Edit a product. Ensure that the SKU field has been completed.
Connex for QuickBooks Online and Connex for QuickBooks Desktop primarily uses the QuickBooks email and the Infusionsoft by Keap email fields. In the event there is no match, the system will try a first name, last name match. If a company has been supplied and a city, the system will also use it to match.
How do I pull orders by invoice number?
You must find the Infusionsoft by Keap invoice number for each sale:
- In Infusionsoft by Keap, go to your all sales itemized report.
- Find the order that you are trying to sync.
- Note the invoice number field.
- Login to Connex.
- Expand manually sync.
- In the order number field, enter a comma separated list of invoice numbers.