Connex for QuickBooks can sync customers, newly created products, and orders from WooCommerce to QuickBooks. Our software can sync inventory updates from QuickBooks to WooCommerce.
Here are the prerequisites:
- Your website must have an SSL certificate.
- White list the Connex IP addresses
- Disable the Relevanssi search plugin.
- If you are updating inventory from QuickBooks to WooCommerce, disable ModSecurity on your website. If you don't, then you'll receive a 501 not implemented error in your log.
Enable Legacy API
Connex uses the legacy API to pull your website's timezone and a list of refunds, and a list of recently modified sales. To enable the API, follow these steps:
- Log into WooCommerce.
- On the left, click WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced > REST API.
- Enable the legacy API.
Our software uses a special WooCommerce user name and password, known as a consumer key and secret, from your website. To pair your site, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks.
- On the dashboard, click add a new connection.
- In the wizard, choose WooCommerce.
- Enter your URL, prefixed by https.
- Click submit.
- On the dialog box that appears, click continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. You will be asked to login and click the accept button. If Connex says pairing failure, click the link to pair manually. Generate keys manually and enter them into Connex.
- Upon completing these steps, you are redirected to the configure page of our software.
Connex for QuickBooks will try to auto-generate a special user name and password to pair your website and our solution. If your website does not auto generate the special credentials, you can easily obtain and add them to your website.
To generate the keys, see generate API keys in this help article.
To enter your pairing credentials, on the My Connections page, click edit login.
Enter the consumer key and secret:
Replace # Sign
WooCommere sends us a # sign before each order number. You can replace it using our rules engine. See Replace Order Number # Sign for the rule set and rule.
Partial and Full Refund Support
Our tools support partial and full refunds. If you perform a refund, our tool will sync the sale and the refund in the same batch. If the sale exists, then our tool will skip adding it to QuickBooks. If the order status is cancelled, then our tool will sync a refund if there is a matching sale. If you refund an order partially and you refund specific items, then you will see SKUs. If you perform a refund of a non-item, such as sales tax, you will see a single line item called partial refund with the total refunded.
Each product variation has must have a unique SKU in WooCommerce. The variation is treated as its own product in QuickBooks. If the SKU has no matching item name in QuickBooks, then our software makes a new product. The variation SKU will be the item name. If the SKU matches an existing item name, then the software will match to the product.
In this diagram, the parent product is 5063-511:
In WooCommerce, open the order. You will see a list of field names and values, below the order summary. In our software, click manage. Expand advanced transaction and check map custom fields. Once complete, our tool will pull the custom fields and you can map them. Please see this article on custom field support.
Make sure that your products have stock tracking turned on. Make sure that backorder is turned on if items can have negative quantities:
Can I mark items as out of stock, if I send zero or less stock?
By default, Connex for QuickBooks will allow back orders. To show out of stock, follow these steps:
- Login to your Connex for QuickBooks account.
- Click the 'manage' button under your existing Woocommerce connection.
- Expand the Sync Inventory from QuickBooks menu.
- Check mark item as 'out of stock'.
If the product is of type simple, then the manage stock box must be checked to change stock status.
Can I sync Stripe credit card fees onto orders?
Stripe fees are a WooCommerce custom field, which requires a settings adjustment to sync. Before you enter the install wizard, you must follow these steps:
- Log into your Connex for QuickBooks account.
- Click the 'manage' button under your existing connection.
- Expand the Merchant Fees menu.
- Enter a fee item name. Leave the percent and cents as 0.