Connex can sync orders from QuickBooks Online into ShipStation. You must set-up a scheduled task with Connex, turn on QuickBooks class tracking, create some new invoices or sales receipts in QuickBooks, and ensure these transactions are formatted properly.
To see a live demo of the integration, go to our demos page.
Enable Class Tracking
Each order will have a class called ShipStation. This tells our software to send the orders to ShipStation. This class prevents orders from ShipStation from going into QuickBooks and back to ShipStation. To enable class tracking, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, click the gear > account and settings.
- Click the advanced tab.
- Click track classes > on:
- Select one to entire transaction under assign classes.
- Check warn me when a transaction isn't assigned a class.
- Click save.
Enable Sync from QuickBooks
You must tell Connex to pull orders from QuickBooks Online:
- At the configure page, Expand the Sync from QuickBooks Manually Tab
- check off 'Update orders in ShipStation from QuickBooks'
- Choose the Store you want to send the orders to
- Click sync now to save the setting.
Add an Order to QuickBooks Online
You must add the name of your ordering solution to the class field. In this example, ShipStation is used. If you are an Keap customer, then add Keap. Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- On the left, click customers.
- Select a customer or add a new one.
- On the top right, click new > invoice or new > sales receipt.
- Enter ShipStation in the class field:
- In the shipping address box, type in the contact's first and last name.
- Press enter.
- Type the address line 1 and press enter.
- Type the address line 2 and press enter.
- Type the city, state, and zip then press enter:
In about 30 - 60 minutes, the order should sync. Check your transaction log by clicking on Settings > transaction log on the top, right.
After the Initial Sync
If you're shipping outside of the U.S. the country must appear on the last line. For more information on address formats, see this article.
Our system assumes any line with UPS, FedEx or shipping is a shipping amount. This data is mapped to the ShipStation shipping field.
Out of the box, our system updates no orders in ShipStation. If you need this setting turned on, please read these instructions.
Can I sync partial quantities to ShipStation?
All quantities must be integers. In ShipStation, you can make a correction:
- Open the sale.
- Clicking edit next to order details
- Click quantity
- Entering the right number.
Change Order Status
When Connex inserts orders, we insert them with the awaiting shipment status. To change the order status, follow these steps:
How do I map the store name from ShipStation to an order syncing from QuickBooks?
By default, sales from QuickBooks will sync with the ShipStation manual orders store. There are two ways to change the mapping:
Change for all sales
- Login to Connex.
- Click configure.
- Expand sync orders from QuickBooks.
- Change the store drop down.
Change for specific sales
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- Click action and add new rule.
- In this example, if the company is Target then the store name is Target store.
How do I populate the shipping service in ShipStation?
In each ShipStation order, there is a field called service on the right. Here is a screenshot:
To send the service, add a line item and match the QuickBooks name with one of these methods:
- USPS Priority Mail
- USPS First Class Mail
- USPS Priority Mail Express
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx 2 Day
- FedEx Ground
- UPS Ground
- UPS Second Day Air
- UPS Next Day Air
- UPS Next Day Air Saver
- UPS Three Day Select
Manually Syncing Transactions
If you need to change the sync dates, follow these steps:
- At the my connections page, click configure.
- On the configure page, expand the 'sync manually to QuickBooks' tab
- Change the sync dates:
- Click sync now.
To see full page images, click these links: