By default, customers can deposit all payments or sales receipts into undeposited funds. You can deposit some orders into a credit card asset account and PayPal orders into a PayPal account.
You should create a catch-all account and we recommend undeposited funds. Here are the steps:
- On the configure page, scroll down to account settings.
- In the last drop down, choose an account.
Create Deposit Accounts
If you have not already, you need to create asset accounts to deposit the orders. Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to the gear box > chart of accounts.
- Next to an existing account, click edit or click new to make a new one.
- Change the account type and sub type to other current assets:
How do I change the deposit account dynamically?
In this example, we will map PayPal sales to an asset account called PayPal:
- Login to Connex.
- On the left, click rules.
- Click my rules.
- Click add.
- As the template, choose map deposit account.
- Click conditions.
- Choose payment method, contains and enter PayPal:
- On the next step, enter the deposit account. Connex will try to find a similar name in QuickBooks:
- Finish the wizard.