By default, Connex for QuickBooks Online adds shipping as a line item. If you want to add the shipping to the QuickBooks Online shipping field, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks Online.
- Select Configure at an existing connection.
- Expand the Advanced Transaction tab, select use QuickBooks shipping field.
- Click Sync Now.
If you fail to properly set-up the QuickBooks Online shipping field our system will return this error:
"Order 0 has failed to export into QuickBooks. You must select a product/service or an account for each split line with either an amount or a billable customer."
There are two options available. You can either add shipping and discounts as a line item or correctly set-up the fields.
Can I add sales tax to shipping and use the QuickBooks Online shipping field?
Not at this time. QuickBooks charges tax on the sub total, then adds shipping:
You can add shipping as a line item:
- Log into Connex for QuickBooks Online.
- Click manage.
- Expand the advanced transaction tab.
- Uncheck Use QuickBooks shipping field.
- Click save and sync.
If you use ShipStation, they have no shipping tax field. Our tool assumes shipping has no tax. To apply shipping tax from ShipStation sales, follow these steps:
- On the right of Connex, click rules engine.
- Add this rule.
Set Up Fields in QuickBooks Online
To set this up in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the gear on the top right and select company settings.
- Under sales > sales for content, ensure that the checkbox for shipping is checked:
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under chart of accounts, ensure that an account has been selected for shipping:
Here is the end result: