QuickBooks only allows their merchant processor to collect electronic payments, when you email invoices. On a scheduled basis, Connex Online can sync unpaid invoices from QuickBooks to Stripe. Stripe will then email an electronic payment link to customers. When your customer pays the order, Connex will mark the QuickBooks invoice as paid.
- You must have QuickBooks Online Plus or Advanced to sync from QuickBooks. This feature is not compatible with QuickBooks Online Self-Employed, Simple Start, or Essentials.
How do I set-up Connex Online?
Most of the settings are pre-configured. Here are the steps:
- Get the Connex for QuickBooks Online app.
- At the My Connections page of Connex, select Stripe.
- When prompted, click the continue button.
- Sign into Stripe.
- You will return to Connex Online. Select sync orders from QuickBooks and payments from Stripe.
Now, you are ready to sync new invoices.
How do I sync an order from QuickBooks to Stripe?
Each order will must have a class called Stripe, which tells our software to sync the invoice. You must enable class tracking at the order level. To enable class tracking, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, click the gear > company settings.
- Click track classes > on:
- Click save.
- IMPORTANT: You must have QuickBooks Online Plus or Advanced to enable Class tracking.
Next, create an invoice in QuickBooks:
- Login to QuickBooks.
- On the left, click sales.
- Click on a customer.
- On top, click new and select invoice.
- Fill out the invoice.
- On the top right, add Stripe as the class.
- Click save.
Here is an example QuickBooks invoice.
How do I find invoices in Stripe?
Here are the steps:
- Log into Stripe.
- Click customers on the left.
- Select a customer.
- Scroll down to invoices.
You will see a list of invoices.
What does the invoice look like in Stripe?
Here is an example Stripe invoice: