Connex can map values to the bin or lot fields, based off your QuickBooks item name. You must add rules or use a default bin.
Note: You cannot assign a bin unless you choose the parent inventory site.
Setting a default Inventory site / bin
Need one inventory site for all items on a particular connection? You can set that via our Settings page.
- Login to Connex and click Manage.
- Under inventory settings you will see a selector for site and bin mapping.
- Choose the correct site and bin, then click "Save Settings"
What if I need to map to different sites and bins?
If you need more than one mapping, we recommend using the Rules Engine.
- On the main navigation on the left side of the website, click "Rules Engine" and select "My Rules"
- Click "Add New Rule"
- Choose "Map Field, based on a condition" from the list of rule types
- Choose "Map Inventory Site" as the Rule Type.
- Create your rule based on the criteria that you require (i.e. if the Selling Channel equals "eBay", map the inventory site to "SITE 2")
- Submit and head to the Order Previewer to test your rule!
What if my bin is a warehouse within a site?
In your "Map Bin" rule, enter INVENTORY SITE:BIN as the "Map To" value. An example would be "Amazon FBA:Amazon Bin 1" (see below for how it appears in QuickBooks)
Can Connex automatically add lot numbers?
Connex can add the last lot number from your last inventory adjustment. Here are the steps:
- On the Connex configure page, expand inventory.
- Expand the advanced inventory section.
- Check apply lot numbers to QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks, create an inventory adjustment for the item on the order. Add a lot number.
- Sync the order to QuickBooks.
Lot numbers and bin locations must exist under your inventory site in QuickBooks.
Connex applies he most recent lot for the most recent inventory adjustment that it can find. The adjustment must happen in 30 days, or it will not work.
I have over a hundred bins. How do I map the bin dynamically?
We recommend an inventory control solution, if your mapping is this complex. Ideally, your sale should contain the site and bin. Contact our support and ask if we can map the fields. Attach a copy of the sale. Highlight the bin and site fields.
Adding rules individually is time-consuming. In this example, we will upload a spreadsheet. The rule says if the SKU is ABC:123, then map MA:Boston as the bin:
- Login to Connex.
- On the left, click rules.
- Click my rules.
- Click upload.
- Upload the attached sheet.