A guide on how we merge these sales
What if I split a shipment and ship both parts on the same day?
If you wait for orders to ship, Connex will merge split shipments into the same order. Here are the steps:
- Follow the instructions to sync shipped orders only. This will instruct Connex to sync sales by their ship date.
- In ShipStation, split an order.
- Do not change the order number in ShipStation for the split shipments.
- Create both shipments on the same day. When the shipments sync to Connex, we receive both shipments at the same time. We use this logic to merge the two sales.
- In Connex, expand orders.
- Expand sync orders manually to QuickBooks.
- In the order status field, enter shipped.
What if I split a shipment and I do not ship them on the same day?
Unless they have different order numbers, the other half will fail to sync. You can add a new connection and just sync selling channels that meet this scenario. You must sync sales prior to shipment:
- Login to Connex.
- Click add connection.
- Choose ShipStation.
- Enter a name, like WooCommerce ShipStation.
- Select sync sales to QuickBooks and finish the wizard.
- On our dashboard, click manage.
- Under orders to QuickBooks, select the channel to sync.
Can I sync split shipments before they ship?
When you split the sale, you must give the second part a new order number like 100 and 100-1. Connex skips over duplicate sales.
Can I exclude split shipments from syncing?
- Log into Connex.
- Click rules > my rules on the left dashboard.
- Click add.
- Choose start from scratch.
- As the action, choose do not sync sync sales.
- In the comparison, enter these values:
- Skip the last step.
- Click finish.