Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- Orders from QuickBooks
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
Do you support product names with colons?
Parent child products have a colon
What does a colon represent in QuickBooks?
In QuickBooks, you can have a parent and child product. QuickBooks calls the product parent:child. Here is an example:
In QuickBooks, the name is Pants:Jeans:
Should my products contain a colon?
We recommend removing colons from your product names. If the product already exists, Connex will locate it by the QuickBooks item name. Using the example, just enter the SKU jeans. Connex will add Pants:Jeans to QuickBooks.
Having a colon is a bad practice. Connex makes no new items, if they contain colons and Connex assumes the item already exists.