How to sync draft orders to QuickBooks
What is a draft order?
A draft order is an order that can be edited or sent to a customer like a quote. Drafts are unpaid sales. If you created an order and were unsure of its contents, you could save the order and return to edit it.
What is the best way to map a draft order to QuickBooks?
Either an estimate or as an unpaid invoice. Draft orders are always unpaid.
How do I sync draft orders to QuickBooks?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Click orders to QuickBooks.
- In the order status field, enter draft_open or invoice_sent.
Can I sync draft orders as unpaid invoices and mark them as paid, once invoice has been sent?
You should sync the draft as an estimate in QuickBooks. Connex would create the order twice, since the order number changes. Here are the steps:
- Enable syncing draft orders to QuickBooks.
- In Shopify, send the draft order to a client.
- Open the draft and mark the order as paid.
- Shopify will create a new order in the orders tab with a different number.
- Connex will create a new invoice with a payment.
How do I manually sync draft orders to QuickBooks?
Draft order numbers begin with a D. Log into Connex. Click manual sync. Enter a comma separated list of order numbers that start with D like D12, D13, D14.
Can I change the transaction type for daft orders?
In some cases, the user wants to sync non-daft orders as sales receipts and draft orders as Invoices. Connex for QuickBooks allow users to map the transaction mode for certain orders using our rules engine.
How do I set-up the mapping?
First, set-up a catch-all:
- Login to either Connex account.
- Click the 'Manage' button under and existing connection.
- Expand Orders to QuickBooks
- Choose Sales Receipts from the Transaction Type drop-down.
Orders that fail to meet your criteria will become Sales Receipts. Next, set-up a rule:
- On the left of your Connex account, click Rules Engine > My Rules.
- When you reach the Rules Engine grid, click "Add New Rule".
- On the Rule Type selector, choose "Map field, based on a condition" and then Advance.
- In the action field, select "Map Transaction Type"
- In Step 3 (the conditions that need to be met) choose the following:
- In the final step (What should the value be), enter Invoices. Click finish.