Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
- Channel Advisor
- Amazon Settlement Report
- Other Partners
- Connex Match Deposit Tool
- Connex Spreadsheet Import Tool
- Roaster Tools
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Could not start QuickBooks. "Max Connection Retries Exceeded."
This error occurs because your QuickBooks company file is closed. Connex will use the company file path in your settings, but that file path is incorrect. The issue happens when you rename or move the company file.
To adjust your Connex settings to point to the file:
This also enables you to run the QuickBooks Web Connector when the company file is closed, although QuickBooks itself must be running.
- In QuickBooks, open your company file.
- Press F2.
- Copy the file path from QuickBooks > File Information > Location:
- Login to Connex.
- For each connection, click manage at the my connections page.
- Expand the transaction section.
- Enter the location into the company file path field.
What if I encounter "Max Connection Retries Exceeded" when running the Web Connector?
If QuickBooks is open and you encounter this issue when running the QuickBooks Web Connector; or the above steps did not solve the issue, you may required a new QWC pairing file. In this case, please see: "Max Connection Retried Exceeded" QuickBooks Web Connector Error.Can't find what you're looking for? Let us help you right now!