Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- Orders from QuickBooks
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
Could not start QuickBooks. "Max Connection Retries Exceeded."
This error occurs because your QuickBooks company file is closed. Connex will use the company file path in your settings, but that file path is incorrect. The issue happens when you rename or move the company file.
To adjust your Connex settings to point to the file:
This also enables you to run the QuickBooks Web Connector when the company file is closed, although QuickBooks itself must be running.
- In QuickBooks, open your company file by pressing F2.
- Copy the file path from QuickBooks > File Information > Location. The path should resemble something like the example below i.e. C:\Users\Public\Documents...
- Navigate to the Connex dashboard.
- For every connection, select Settings.
- In the Settings, select Advanced on the left hand side.
- Enter/paste the location into the company file path field:
- Select Save Settings at the bottom of the page.