How to prepare for Connex Desktop setup.
Before getting started with Connex Desktop, there are a number of important prerequisites:
- Chart of Accounts - QuickBooks Chart of Accounts must be fully built
- Item List – Your products should already exist in QuickBooks and on your website.
- Product Matching – Each item on your website needs a unique SKU. This SKU needs to match a field in QuickBooks, exactly.
- Sales Tax - If you use QuickBooks tax codes, the codes must exist prior to getting started.
- Access – You need ADMIN access to QuickBooks and your website. Before joining your onboarding session, you must login to QuickBooks as the ADMIN in Single User Mode.
- Web Connector – If the web connector is not already pre-installed, its needs to be installed prior to onboarding.
See below for additional details on the above prerequisites. You'll find everything you need to consider before beginning your journey towards freedom from data entry.
Please note, Sync with Connex does not offer professional services to help set up QuickBooks.
You must have QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2015 or higher.
Not all versions of QuickBooks (such as QuickBooks Canada) come with the QuickBooks Web Connector pre-installed. As a result, you may need to download the Web Connector
(see also: What is the Web Connector?)
Chart of Accounts
Your chart of accounts must be fully built out and contain at least one of the following account types:
- Accounts receivable - (A/R) account
- Item asset account
- Item income account
- Cost of goods sold - (COGS) account
- Discount/refunds given account
- Undeposited funds
Your QuickBooks item list and e-commerce product catalog must match, prior to getting started with Connex Desktop. The majority of your products should already exist in both places, prior to onboarding.
Each of the products on your website need to have a unique SKU. These SKU's must be an exact match, case insensitive, between QuickBooks and the website. For more information about product matching, please see:
Connex will match customer records using the QuickBooks customer name field. To learn more about how this works, please see:
If your organization uses QuickBooks tax codes, these codes must exist prior to getting started. To learn more about how Connex maps QuickBooks sales tax codes, please see:
You will need admin access to QuickBooks and the supported platforms that you wish to integrate with Connex.
Before joining your onboarding session you must login to QuickBooks as ADMIN, and enable QuickBooks to run in Single-User Mode. This will allow you to pair QuickBooks to your website, and allow you to make certain changes to QuickBooks.
Integration Specific Prerequisites
If you are interested in integrating an e-commerce platform such as Magento 2 or WooCommerce your website must have an SSL certificate and be fully built out and developed (launched) prior to getting started. Connex offers no import functionality that will aid in building out your website, populating your product catalog, or web development services.
- Connex supports the f0llowing versions of QuickBooks
- Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Wholesale and Manufacturing 2015 or higher.
- In addition, Connex is compatible with QuickBooks Canada, QuickBooks UK, QuickBooks Australia, QuickBooks South Africa, and most European Union versions of QuickBooks.
- Connex works with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. To check to see if your browser is supported, please see: What browsers is Connex compatible with?
- Connex is compatible with most remote desktop, server, and hosted environments. These include Windows Server 2015 (or higher) and services such as Ace Cloud Computing and RightNetworks. For more information, please see: Does Connex work with servers, remote desktops, or hosted environments
Connex is compatible with Windows only. If you use Apple, you can use remote desktop to log into a PC with QuickBooks.