Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
Can I use the QuickBooks Online shipping field?
By default, Connex for QuickBooks Online adds shipping as a line item. If you want to add the shipping to the QuickBooks Online shipping field, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand orders > sync orders to QuickBooks > advanced transaction.
- Check use QuickBooks shipping field.
- Click save and sync now.
If you fail to properly set-up the QuickBooks Online shipping field our system will return this error:
"Order 0 has failed to export into QuickBooks. You must select a product/service or an account for each split line with either an amount or a billable customer."
There are two options available. You can either add shipping and discounts as a line item or correctly set-up the fields.
Can I add sales tax to shipping and use the QuickBooks Online shipping field?
Not at this time. QuickBooks charges tax on the sub total, then adds shipping:
Set Up Fields in QuickBooks Online
To set this up in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the gear on the top right.
- Under company on the left, click account settings:
- Under sales > sales form content, ensure that the checkbox for shipping is checked:
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under chart of accounts, ensure that an account has been selected for shipping: