Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
- Connex for QuickBooks Product Overview
- Getting Started with Connex Desktop
- Connex Quickbooks Online
- Customers Matching
- Inventory Site
- Inventory Sync
- Price Levels
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Tax
- Sales Orders
- Sync Orders from QuickBooks Desktop
- Unit of Measure
- Web Connector
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
Can I use the QuickBooks Online shipping field?
By default, Connex for QuickBooks Online adds shipping as a line item. If you want to add the shipping to the QuickBooks Online shipping field, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click manage.
- Expand orders > sync orders to QuickBooks > advanced transaction.
- Check use QuickBooks shipping field.
- Click save and sync now.
If you fail to properly set-up the QuickBooks Online shipping field our system will return this error:
"Order 0 has failed to export into QuickBooks. You must select a product/service or an account for each split line with either an amount or a billable customer."
There are two options available. You can either add shipping and discounts as a line item or correctly set-up the fields.
Can I add sales tax to shipping and use the QuickBooks Online shipping field?
Not at this time. QuickBooks charges tax on the sub total, then adds shipping:
Set Up Fields in QuickBooks Online
To set this up in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the gear on the top right.
- Under company on the left, click account settings:
- Under sales > sales form content, ensure that the checkbox for shipping is checked:
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under chart of accounts, ensure that an account has been selected for shipping: