Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
Can I sync purchase orders from sales?
Connex can create purchase orders from sales, if the product has a vendor in QuickBooks
What e-commerce systems are compatible?
Any system that syncs with Connex is compatible. Most of the prerequisites are inside of QuickBooks.
What is the use case for this feature?
Many furniture stores order furniture on an as needed basis. When they receive an order, the store needs an invoice to collect payment. The store sends a purchase order to a vendor to order the furniture.
My website has no purchase orders. Can I create them anyways?
To create a purchase order, Connex needs a vendor with quantity and purchase price. Connex can use the vendor's billing and shipping address inside of QuickBooks. Connex can create POs, using the QuickBooks product's vendor and purchase price.
In this example, a Shopify website is used to create POs in QuickBooks. Here are the prerequisites:
- In QuickBooks, the product already exists.
- In QuickBooks, the product has a default vendor.
- The product has a sales and a purchase price.
- The QuickBooks item name and website SKU are identical.
- The vendor must exist in QuickBooks with a valid billing and shipping address.
The vendor and purchase price are used to create the PO in QuickBooks. Here is an example:
How do I enable this feature?
Here are the steps:
- On our configure page, expand orders > sync orders to QuickBooks > transaction.
- Choose sales orders, invoices, and purchase orders.
- Save your settings.
- Sync a sale to QuickBooks. Here is an example Shopify sale:
- Connex will create a sales order, invoice, and PO. Notice how Connex mapped the purchase price from within QuickBooks. The quantity equals five, which came from the Shopify sale: