Upload a Salesforce package and map fields
Is there a demo?
Here is a demo:
How do I set-up the integration?
You must install a custom package onto your Salesforce. This will create a custom object called invoice, which we used to sync fields:
- Login to Salesforce as admin.
- Install this package and agree to the terms.
- Switch to the lightening experience.
- On the right, click the pencil:
- Click add more items.
- Select invoices on the navigation:
- You will see a tab called invoices on the navigation. If you click into it and click new, you can see all the fields:
Once you set-up Salesforce, follow these steps:
- Log into Connex.
- Click add new connection.
- Choose Salesforce.
- Sign into Salesforce.
- In our install wizard, choose sync orders from QuickBooks.
- You can sync orders from QuickBooks as a Salesforce opportunity or to the custom invoice object that you installed. In this case, choose order and invoice object:
- Choose the types of orders to export.
- Optionally, choose a class. We recommend adding Salesforce as the class. This will categories sales to sync from QuickBooks, instead of syncing everything:
- Finish the install wizard.
Does your software create accounts and contacts?
Yes, if they are tied to incoming orders and if they are missing. We sync contact name, address, email, and phone.
How do the fields map?
Here is a diagram:
|Billing City||Billing City|
|Billing Country||Billing Country|
|Billing Postal Code||Billing Postal Code|
|Billing State||Billing State|
|Billing Street||Billing Street|
|Description||Order Number||Formatted as QB Order Number 123. Used for duplicate checking.|
|Effective Date||Order Date|
|Status||N/A||Defaults to draft.|
|Shipping City||Shipping City|
|Shipping Country||Shipping Country|
|Shipping Postal Code||Shipping Postal Code|
|Shipping State||Shipping State|
|Shipping Street||Shipping Street|
|Phone||Customer Phone||Located on account record|
|Customer Email||Located on account record|
|Line Item Description||Order Item Description|
|Line Item Unit Price||Order Item Unit Price|
|Line Item Quantity||Order Item Quantity|
|Line Item Product Code||Order Item Name|
|Line Item Name||Order Item Name|
Since Salesforce lacks many fields from QuickBooks, our tool makes custom fields. Here is how they map:
|Ship Date||Ship Date|
|Sales Rep||Sales Rep|
|Net Terms||Net Terms|
|Selling Channel Name||N/A||Maps to QuickBooks. Used for making rules.|
|Tracking Number||Tracking Number||Our tool can add a tracking number to Salesforce, if one of the line item descriptions matches to a tracking number.|
|Payment Method||Payment Method|
|Shipping and Handling||Total Shipping|
|Shipping Method||Shipping Method|
|Due Date||Due Date|
|Balance Due||Balance Due|
|PO Number||PO Number|
|Order Number||Order Number|
|Private Notes||Private Notes|
Our tool creates three custom fields in Salesforce called Custom_Field_1, Custom_Field_2, and Custom_Field_3. Using our rules engine, you can map custom fields.
How does the order look?
In Salesforce, click invoices. You will see a list of orders. The order has two parts:
- The invoice that contains the fields, like order date and number:
- The order that contains the products: