You can sync orders to QuickBooks, ship them in QuickBooks, then add fulfillment details to your website. Connex will mark the sale as shipped.
Is there a delay?
After the sync has run, it takes about 5 - 10 minutes to process the updates. Please check your log, located on the top right of Connex, for progress.
Do you support WorldShip?
Yes, Connex can map the shipping details that WorldShip adds to QuickBooks orders.
How does Connex know how to map the fields?
The ship date field in QuickBooks equals the ship date in your website. Connex will locate the line your shipping solution adds to QuickBooks and map tracking number and ship method.
How do I ship orders from QuickBooks?
In QuickBooks, open an order. Click send/ship:
What systems do you support?
Here are a list of systems supporting the update tracking feature:
How do I set-up the integration?
- Login to Connex. Click manage.
- Expand Sync Shipping Details from QuickBooks Manually > Sync Settings
- Check the first field, Update shipping details from QuickBooks
- Scroll up to Orders > Sync Orders From QuickBooks
- Under Types of Orders, enter sales orders or invoices. Change no other field in this area. This setting will instruct Connex to export a type of sale from QuickBooks.
- Click save.
- Sync an order to QuickBooks.
- Ship the order from QuickBooks.
- Run your web connector.
- Check your log in five - ten minutes for updates.
Connex will change the order status to shipped and add tracking details. Here is an updated order in Shopify:
How does Connex know how to locate the order in the website?
If you open an order in Shopify, you will see 10 digits at the end of the URL:
Connex will add these 10 digits to the QuickBooks other field. If you do not see it, open an order in QuickBooks. Go to formatting and select customize data layout. Next to the other field, click screen. Here is a QuckBooks sale with the other field:
How does Connex know how to map fields from QuickBooks?
Connex finds the item on the order with a line item containing UPS, FedEx, or USPS. From the item description, Connex pulls the tracking number. If there is a dollar amount to the right of a dollar sign, then Connex matches it as the shipping amount. Here is an example:
Shipped On: 02/03/2020 Total Shipment Weight: 4.0 Number Of Packages: 1 Service Type: UPS Ground Tracking #: 1Z04F8320349401590
The ship date is 2/3/2020. The shipping method is UPS and the tracking number is 1Z04F8320349401590.