Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- Missing & Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- Orders from QuickBooks
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
Can I match QuickBooks Desktop products using a QuickBooks custom field?
How to match by custom field
How does it work?
If you match by a QuickBooks custom field, our software must pull all of your products. Then, Connex must enumerate through the custom field of each product and find a match. There is no need to specify a field name in Connex.
In this example, the product has a custom field called SKU:
What do you recommend?
We recommend matching the QuickBooks item name to your product SKU for many reasons:
- No two products can have the same QuickBooks item name. If you match a QuickBooks custom field, two products can have the same custom field name and value. If you had a QuickBooks custom field called SKU with the value of ABC, QuickBooks will allow multiple products to have the same SKU of ABC.
- Pulling all products is time-consuming and it could cause sync failures. If you have a few hundred products, then it should cause no issue.
How do I enable this feature?
Here are the steps:
- Login to our software.
- Click settings.
- Click product matching on the left.
- Under product matching, select product custom field.
- Click save.