You can add rules to map the custom fields
In this example, we will map 12345 from ShipStation's custom field 1 to the QuickBooks custom field example field:
You must perform these tasks:
- Add the custom field in QuickBooks.
- Assign a QuickBooks template with the field.
- Select the template in Connex.
- Map the field.
Add Custom Fields to QuickBooks Desktop Line Items
Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to lists > item list.
- Double click an item.
- Click custom fields.
- Click define fields:
- Add a field called example field:
Show Fields on Template
You must show this field in QuickBooks:
- Create a new invoice in QuickBooks.
- Click customize data layout.
- If asked to copy a template, say make a copy.
- Under line items, show the example field:
- Click OK. A new template has been created:
For all new sales, choose the copy 2 template:
- Refresh the chart of accounts.
- On our configure page, select orders > sync orders to QuickBooks > advanced transaction.
- Under invoice template, choose the copy 2. This will ensure all new sales show the example field:
You must map the field from your e-commerce solution to QuickBooks. In this example, we will use ShipStation. There is a field called CustomField1:
- Log into Connex.
- On the left, click Rules Engine > My Rules.
- Click Add New Rule.
- For 'Type of Rule', choose 'Map field, based on a condition'. Click Advance:
- Give your rule a name, and for step 2, choose 'Map Custom Fields to QuickBooks Line Items':
- For step 3, 'What conditions need to be met for this rule to execute?', click Add and enter these conditions. Then, click Update.In comparisons, enter these values: custom field, CustomField1, map all.
- Leave step 4, 'What should the value be?', blank. Then, 'Submit' your rule.