Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
Can I map a custom field to the QuickBooks customer name field?
Use an account number to map to QuickBooks
Customer names and emails change over time. In this example, we will map a custom field containing an account number to the QuickBooks customer name field.
Make custom field and enter a value
In this example, we will use ShipStation. In CustomField1, enter 12345:
Change customer mapping
Change your mapping to selling channel name:
- Login to Connex, find your connection and click "Manage"
- Select "Customers" and choose the option "Selling Channel / Marketplace"
- Click "Save Settings" at the top
Add rule to map the custom field to selling channel name
Next, map the field:
- Click Rules Engine > My Rules on the left navigation bar.
- Click "Add New Rule".
- In the type of rule, select "Map custom field to a QuickBooks standard field.".
- Name the rule, enter the name of the custom field, and map it to the "Selling Channel"
- Click Finish.
Here is how the sale appears in QuickBooks: