By default, Connex syncs inventory updates from date of install forwards. For paying subscribers, we can sync all items from QuickBooks to your website. Please email us with your Connex user name and website URL.
How often should the web connector run?
We recommend setting your web connector interval to sixty minutes. This gives Connex ample time to complete the sync. If Connex runs your sync in parallel with another sync, it could fail. The solutions we integrate with have a throttling policy, which prevents us from syncing too many items at once. Therefore, it is a good idea to make sure your order sync and inventory sync timers do not overlap.
How does it work?
Here is a detailed explanation:
- Open a support ticket with us and request an initial sync.
- Our staff will enable a setting that pulls all items from QuickBooks.
- Run your web connector.
- Connex will hold these items in a queue.
- In a few moments, our software starts syncing batches of eight hundred. In many cases, the items are sent one by one to your website. Please allow 30 - 45 minutes for a sync to complete.
- Connex logs successful syncs and error messages in its error log. Here is an example:
- Connex repeats steps five and six, until the queue is clear.
How do I access the queue?
- Login to Connex.
- On our dashboard, choose your connection.
- Click manage.
- Expand inventory.
- Expand pending inventory to sync:
If I added rules to map SKUs differently, does the queue show the new SKUs?
Yes, the queue will show you the SKU before and after your rules have run.
What is the maximum number of items you can sync?
Since our tool sends items one by item on a scheduled basis, we recommend no more than 5,000. If you have over 10,000, contact your e-commerce solution provider.