Connex for QuickBooks Desktop User Guide
Connex for QuickBooks Online User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
General Troubleshooting Guide
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) - ARCHIVED
Integration Guides (No Longer Supported)
Can Connex map classes, using rules?
Connex can map classes to the order or its line items
Is there a demo?
Here is a demo about class mapping, the rules engine, and how to generate a profit and loss:
How do I map a class on the entire order?
Let's say you want to track sales on Amazon versus eBay. In this example, we are using ShipStation, which is hooked up to both Amazon and eBay selling channels.
Our goal is to take these stores in ShipStation, and map classes based on the selling channel name (Orders from the Amazon store will be assigned to that class in QuickBooks).
To map the class, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- On the left, click Rules Engine > My Rules.
- Click "Add New Rule".
- For the rule type, select "Map field based on condition"
- For 'What action would you like to take?', choose Map Order Class.
- On the conditions grid, click "Add" and select these values:
- In step 4 (what should the value be) enter "Amazon" (the name of the class you wish to assign it to)
- Click Finish.
When orders sync, on the top of the sale, you will see Amazon now as the class assigned for the order.
How do I map classes on individual line items?
Let's say you sell different products. You want your clothing to have one class and your electronics to have another class. In this example, we will map technology to the computer product:
- Follow steps 1-4 from above (Rules Engine -> Map field, based on a condition)
- In the action field, enter "Map Class on Line Items"
- In the comparison field, enter these values: SKU, equals, computer
- In the final value field, enter technology
- Finish the rule.
Here is the end result: